- People want to be self directed
- People want to get better at stuff - they seek the challenge of mastery (especially if it accompanies making a contribution)
- People want to be parts of ‘teams’ or “organizations” with a purpose.
- blogging as part of Students 2.0
- creating podcast and newscast
- producing videos such as the 802 You Tube video that went viral and was featured in the New York Times
- composing music that was being mentored by professional composers as part of the Vermont Midi Project online community
But there are so many more. And today’s digital age culture provides us with so many tools and opportunities for authentic audience to be part of the learning opportunities we provide to our students.